We are excited to have you join our team!
Spirit Therapies needs volunteers in various capacities; office work, computer operator, board members, cleaning stalls, cleaning tack, grooming horses, leading and side-walking with riders during lessons, along with a large variety of other miscellaneous jobs.
Help us find you the perfect position!
We want you to feel comfortable in your volunteer position. Spirit Therapies has volunteer opportunities for many different kinds of skills, so we want to determine the best fit between your skills/experience and our organizational needs.
Volunteer Position Descriptions:
Please note for the safety of riders and volunteers: to work directly with the horse and rider, a volunteer must be able to see, hear and understand instructions well and be able to stand and walk for 1/2 hour to 2 hours at a time sometimes in hot and cold weather.
- Horse Leader: Leads horse during mounted lessons. You must be comfortable around horses and know how to read their body language.
- Side Walker: Walks with mounted riders. Assists with lessons at the instructor's direction.
- Lesson Volunteer: Assists rider at arrival, fits rider's helmet and visits with parents/guardians.
- Barn Volunteer: Cleans stalls and tackroom, grooms and feeds horses.
- Office Volunteer: Filing, typing, data entry and works on mail outs.
Volunteer Program Contact: