Therapeutic horses take a lot of training, good care and maintenance in order to perform well in a therapeutic environment. These horses are all donated and are usually older horses or horses that may have a disability themselves. Their interaction with the volunteers, instructors and riders gives them a new lease on life.
Sponsor one of these wonderful animals; we guarantee it will provide overwhelming gratification. They are gentle giants who do wonders for our individuals with special needs, the volunteers and even the instructors.
ANNUAL HORSE CARE INVOLVES:
- Feeding grain and hay
- Worming 4 times a year $50.00 per horse
- Hoof Trimming every 4 weeks
total of $350.00 per horse
- Specialized Trimming every 4 weeks
total of $850.00 per horse
- Special Vitamins: $100.00 per horse
- Vet Costs (shots and dental) $500.00 per horse
- Miscellaneous Costs: Halters with names on them, lead ropes, grooming tools $75.00